Monday, August 12, 2013

Project: Laptop Case for Bike Rack


Now I'm ready to ride my bike to school! I just finished this padded laptop case that secures on to the bike rack that I bought and had attached to the seat post. It seems like it will be pretty secure. This is not a work of art. In fact, it looks quite ugly. 

The bottom is quilted: with plastic grocery bags for padding. They are waterproof. Not that I'm going to let my laptop be out in the rain, but after I ride to school I'll just slip the laptop out and leave the case attached to the rack out in the elements.  


I sewed on two straps. One is long enough to tie and the other has velcro on it. I was just working with what I had; that's why they are different.




 I marked the places where I wanted the straps to go through the bike rack. I sewed the straps in those exact places so the case has four points where it is secured to the rack. This is a view from the underside of the rack.



No comments: